- ESL Teachers in schools of any size, with any number of ELs
- Content and Classroom Teachers who work with English Learners
- School Administrators and EL Coordinators
- Any teachers working with English Learners, both in content classrooms & ESL programs
- Led by a content teacher and an EL teacher from “A Word with Us” consulting team
- This co-teaching & collaboration workshop equips educators with tools for creating successful collaborative relationships.
- Participants will develop co-planning strategies, gain knowledge of co-teaching models & walk away ready to sidestep common roadblocks.
- While the Co-Teaching model is not always an option for every school, Co-Planning and Collaboration between an ESL teacher and classroom/content teacher is a “must” that leads to supported and effective lessons that include ALL kids!
WHAT TO KNOW:
- We highly recommend signing up with a collaborating teacher, but it isn’t required.
- You may want to purchase a resource to support your learning, but it isn’t required: Collaboration and Co-Teaching (2010) by Honigsfeld and Dove, Co-Teaching for English Learners (2018) by Honigsfeld and Dove, or Collaborating for English Learners (2019) by Honigsfeld and Dove
Questions – contact: Gwyneth.firstname.lastname@example.org